Wildlife of the Cloud Forest
- ¿Cuantas veces NO Enami-Codelco? How many times and how many ways NO Enami-Codelco?
- Carnivore ‘teddy bear’ emerges from the mists of Ecuador
- Flash Update, 14 July 2014,, Actualización Flash 14-07-2013
- Tweny-one Reasons Codelco Should Stay Away From Intag../ Veintiuna razones para que Codelco no se meta en Intag
- Mining Paradise: Codelco tries to set the stage (and fails)
Follow DECOIN on Twitter
Watch: Under Rich EarthUnder Rich Earth tells the story of an extraordinary collision between humble family farmers and the powerful global mining industry. Passionate and provocative, Under Rich Earth offers critical insights from 'peasant' farmers whose communities are torn apart by global forces. Learn more about this remarkable film ».
An Update of Current WorkAbout DECOIN
DECOIN was founded in January 1995 as a grass-roots environmental organization to find ways to conserve the unique biodiversity in the Intag area of northwestern Ecuador. The area is part of two of the world's most important biotic regions, the Tropical Andes, and the Chocó-Darien Western-Ecuadorian Biological Hotpots. The area of influence of our work encompasses several life zones, including tropical rain forests, and cloud forests. More...
Every year, Ecuador loses another 2.3 percent of its forests - it has the highest deforestation rate in South America. In an effort to reverse the trend with local and regional eco-activism, the grass-roots organization DECOIN was founded in January of 1995.
DECOIN (Organizacion para la Defensa y Conservacion Ecologica de Intag) is a regional organization created to battle perhaps the greatest threat to the forests: the mining companies that have thousands of acres of government-granted concessions throughout the Intag.